Friday, April 2, 2010

I Will Never be a Democrat (Part 1 of my political reasonings)

Back when I worked at a Grocery store, someone was signing up people to become registered voters. I filled out the form, and then was told, "You didn't pick a Political party." I told him I was "Independent" and there was no box for that, and left. That person was probably signing up Democrats, because little did I know, I became a registered Democrat.

After years of receiving nothing but flyers from Democrats, I had no idea. It wasn't until I realized that I could not vote for people of the Republican party in their run-off elections, that I figured it out.

But is it so wrong to be considered a Democrat? Asian-American and Japanese Political Action groups all support the Democrats, they can't be that bad.

Well, I guess those groups have short memories. I am not a Democrat mostly because my father did not like them. You see, after the start of Word War II, he and his family, along with all others of Japanese decent, were all put into Internment camps by order of President Franklin Delano Roosevelt,who was in his 4th term at the time. They had to leave their homes and jobs, and live in barracks on mostly desert land that was either too hot, or too cold. My father had a good job at a grocery store as a produce manager. He was a hard worker and well liked by his employer. My father and other Japanese had to take all of their belongings and either sell them, or have them stored in warehouses. All of these storage places were broken into and robbed. When people eventually came home, they were left with whatever they had with them at that time. Incidentally, if you have a grandparent that have things that seem to be Japanese heirlooms, they probably got it cheap, or it was stolen.

This sad part of American history, was apologized for by a Republican President, Ronald Reagan.

Then, although you could make a case for the dropping of the first Atomic bomb on Hiroshima to end the war, I think we could all agree that a second one dropped on Nagasaki was "over-kill." And I mean that as more than a pun. Both bombs were dropped on Cities where women and children were left, while the men were sent to fight the war for Japan. I believe President Truman at the time, was quoted as saying, "I think we've killed enough women and children." So, it's not like he didn't know.

Both of those Presidents were Democrats. My father HATED President Roosevelt. I grew up thinking he helped the United States get out of the Depression. It was actually the war that helped the United States get out of the Depression. By creating jobs making planes, boats, guns, ammunition, Jeeps, and other vehicles and war material, Employees were created. When Employees are created, Consumers are created. And just as important, taxpayers were created.

Though I consider myself Independent, I guess I'm really Anti-Democrat. More on this later.

5 comments:

ecelliam said...

I'm an independent too,I'm an original American, my parents, their parents and thier parent did not come from anywhere,And yet do you know what has been done to my people ? now you can see that the republicans are racist for the most part so...whatever.

Fire Ninja said...

I haven't finished this thought process. I'm guessing you are a Native American. My friend was a Chippewa Indian, and I know what he went through, so I can sympathize.

But, I doubt that it was strictly members of the Republican party that did anything to you or your ancestors. Most were not of either party, and once they were established, neither one did anything for you until much later when it was too late.

luisa grol said...

ameii o post *-* já estou seguindo o blog >.< siga o nosso vocês também www.blogspot.com/atualidadeluisaemonica

978297923 beijos

Joe Hero said...

I tell you what we could do ... we could research our heritage, as it is called, and determine which racial groups we belong to, since all of us are mongrels of one sort or another. And then we could determine what crimes have been done to us by other racial groups, although I guess in the end we'll blame it all on white people, because don't we always? And then we could form hate organisations so that never again will we be taken in by the lies and deceit of white people ... except when we want insurance, or houses, or mobile phones, and then guess who we end up buying them from? Yeah ... and hey, then, as a final treat, we could write biased books claiming to be history, and teach our children to hate forever too! And we could spend the whole of the rest of our lives wallowing in our own self-pity, blaming every wrong and fuckup in our lives on someone else, so we never have the responsibility of trying to sort anything out for ourselves! Yay! Go Booger!

Fire Ninja said...

Joe Hero, I have no idea what you are talking about. Do I mention hating "white" people? Or hating any "race?" As far as I know, this particular post is about a political party, not about race.

And I'm confused about what you mean by "except when we want insurance, or houses, or mobile phones, and then guess who we end up buying them from?" Are you saying you can only buy these things from "white" people?